Saturday 7 November 2015

Shoes

First find out about introspective.

shoes
try before buy
but I disapprove
because shoes wear out
shoes to last a lifetime
but a pair will not last
without treating it like a last
any thought of forfeit
is to end the walk before it began
and so any amount of trialling
is futile
people are abandoned, betrayed,
worn out
some shattered after fragile age
some broken in bold primes
some deflowered before tender youth
all robbed of a glorious heritage
now spattered with shadows
over skin and sole
the earthly mud of mankind
that defiled
a shoe

The Imagery

Shoe shop.
Walking a pair of shoes.
Muddy shoes.

The Content

This is one of my early entries, probably my second. I am digging this out now to complement my current mood.

What do I know about marriage, or relationships even? True, what do I know? But divorce rates are higher than ever, and all this freedom and adolescent experience has done nothing to improve. Rather, what it seems to do is teach us to flee from commitment. While divorce may be the smarter choice in some cases, a smart choice certainly was not made in the beginning.

A common approach to establishing relationships is to try it. Dive straight in. To bed. Maybe not as immediately as I have exaggerated, but it does happen a lot. Supposedly relationships are a trial and error thing that needs to be tested, but are people not more than shoes? People do get hurt from the end of an intimacy. It is like applying superglue between two people and tearing them apart, and each person dies a little more..

No comments:

Post a Comment