Saturday 16 April 2016

Proverbs 16:3

"Commit your work to the Lord,
and your plans will be established"

In January I was only halfway through an AP physics 1 and AP calculus AB course. Scoring all fives in AP physics 1 and 2, and AP calculus BC seemed crazy, having to cram all that preparation in four months. Nevermind getting a five, even with only one AP chemistry course last year I scored a four.

But I must continuously remind myself why I want this. Is it for my own glory? Not so. But I want this dice roll to be a testimony, whether it helps me achieve extreme goals or keeps me safe at home.

Does this have anything to do with getting myself far away from home? To some extent. Having my parents near I cannot do much without getting scolded for being ridiculous. Such as what I did here. For starving myself. For throwing away money. Stupid girl.

In the long term, being educated in physics gives me a say in the world. Science is the new religion. Religion is the new heresy. Whether this is my fight, that is for God to decide.

As of now, two weeks until the exam, my possible result is still uncertain. The AP Physics B exam does nothing in predicting for the new exam. Last year only 5% of test takers scored a 5. As much as 60% did not even manage to pass.

I am predicted 67% on my first takes of the new exams (at least a pass, eh) largely due to unfamiliarity with the free response section. It does have quite a variety of activities other than pure calculation. If I do get a decent score, that would be a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment