Tuesday 15 September 2015

Gentle

First find out about introspective.

gentle
the cold I know so well
ethereal touch
cool droplets on grey skin
numb but delightful
lost in a dreamy stupour
indifferent but reassuring
make believe
that the moon glows
not to my comment
but to me
that the night lends
more than its cloak
but its passion
a sweet rainy dew
sweeter more in the wind
with whispers to the heart
where secrets lie asleep
in a chilled chamber
softly aware of a knocking
on the bolted door
that just might
let in
the gentle

The Imagery

Nighttime after a soft rain, with a light breeze.
Grey skin in contact with water droplets.
Personified moon and night.
A locked, somewhat cryogenic compartment.

How random can this get.

The Content

Conveniently it is raining gently as I am writing this post, as it was when I wrote that piece. What I love most about the rain is a decreased atmospheric pressure. It makes me feel " less firmly grounded to the earth". It allows me to escape my body (figuratively) for a while and tend to my emotional state.

The mood in this piece is not as simple as a happy or sad. I am rarely ever happy or sad. But I can say that the tone transitions from amused, to wistful, to reticent. Okay, but why? I bring up something amusing, describe it wistfully, and then clam shut.

I am often reluctant to share what truly matters to me. I can try, only to trail off into an inaudible mumble.

There is not much to say about this. Being one of my early pieces, it is not expanded to its fullest potential. I do like the personifications very much though. Or maybe it is just me being wistful.

No comments:

Post a Comment