Sunday 27 March 2016

The Ghost of You

First find out about introspective.

the ghost of you
sets its eyes to the West
present in time
yet lost to the future
mothers hold on to empty bodies
while their children slip away
like moths to flames
running towards neon warfire
already the hearse awaits
someone please turn the wheel back
could I?
should I?
at the end of the world
if you carry on this way
you are never coming home
so long and goodnight

The Imagery

apparitions leave their flesh
bound for neon lights and war fire
driving the hearse

The Content

Pretty new to the Phandom. Did a mashup of The Ghost of You and Helena. In a way it progresses from pre-death to post-death. My sentiments for those studying in the US.

Everyone is hyped for graduating, but I have a sinking feeling that some of these people are.. never coming back. Not in the sense that we will no longer be in contact (come on, we are living in the year 2016 already), but that peace is not guaranteed over the next couple decades. In this chaotic day and age it happens.

I would love to turn the wheel and stop it all from happening. But could I? Should I? I best I can do is pray that God brings them home some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment