Tuesday 29 December 2015

1 Corinthians 10:13

"No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and He will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation He will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it"

This year has been the most gruelling year to date, academically, emotionally, and spiritually. But God has been kind to me. Very kind. He did not deny me the trials necessary for strengthening, and neither did He let me perish under the challenge.

I remember asking countless times to let me tackle my struggles head on, once and for all. The process spanned a couple months and I was tired of dragging this burden. Just let me get over it already! If I must suffer, let it be short and quick. I thought it would be easier that way.

Then I received a stronger dose. It was just enough to stomach safely, but any more could have done me damage. It was one strong dose of temptation. I just wanted out. But everything I had endured up until then, the drag on the tamer incline, allowed me to face a long lasting selfishness of mine.

I like to think of it as the power formula, where P = w/t. God increased the time because He knows that I am not powerful enough, but we still got the work done. Also, I did exercise my power output beyond my usual level. I gained what I needed to, and got stronger from that. So God was kind. Very kind.

After all that God gave me a debriefing. He showed me all the things I could not see back then. Looking back, the whole event was the worst and best thing that happened this year. Had my saddest and happiest moments too.

My time here is far from over. A lot has yet to happen over the next six months. This year is only a precursor to what I must endure later on. I will keep these words close at heart and be reminded that no temptation is too great to overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment