Friday 25 December 2015

Caresse sur l'océan

First find out about introspective.

caresse sur l’océan
tenderly carry my luve and his luvess
on forth to an expanse of sea and sky
to where the moon is the colour of honey
as they cruise in bliss
a guardian battles the elements
donning cuirass and dress
with spear and petal in hand
to watch over their ship on wings of vigilance
tho’ it were ten thousand mile
to fill their sails with streams of blessing
’til a’ the seas gang dry
I will luve thee still my dear
still as the reservoir in my heart
be it now or then
may my luve and his luvess
caress on the ocean

The Imagery

The soft sea.
A sailing ship.
A guardian.

The Content

This entry is extremely short, but it has given sufficient context. Many references to A Red, Red Rose by the Scottish bard Robert Burns (which I got to sing a version by Rene Clausen at a choir festival).

The actual chronological order in which I wrote this "sea series" is Letting Go, Sea SongCaresse sur l'océan, written mid October, mid November, and mid December respectively. Each entry was conceived independently. I swear the matching themes are coincidental. Perhaps this is the very wonder of my introspective project, finding things about myself that I otherwise would not have noticed. These little capsules of preserved thoughts may not be much by themselves, but it appears profound in the bigger picture.

Those months were crucial to me in the lifelong run. I finally got myself over this stumbling block and readjusted my motivations. We kids think we are mature, but it is with realizations such as these that prove us wrong. How wrong I was! And I suspect this story is not over yet. Just a little feeling that there is one more thing I have yet to learn from this..

I cannot promise that I will not write about the sea again. It comes back to me all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment