Friday 16 October 2015

Aşk

First find out about introspective.

suspended over the lake
a torn penumbra
lingering lost
hunched towards the depths
where untold fears
gloomily gaze back
through the opaque veil
a subconsciousness that abhors
warmth and illumination
and so hides in the dark deep
chasing shades
all things bright and beautiful
flit overhead
while the swan
on the blurry waterline
stranded on the edge
of submergence
and flight
of hatred
and love

The Imagery

Swan on a lake.
Birds in bright skies.
Creatures in dark waters.

The Content

If you have read the introspective post and considered the last line of this piece, you can deduce that "aşk" means "love". It is, and it is in fact Turkish.

This is one of my heavier entries. The mood is indeed gloomy. It is about choosing between right and wrong. I find it interesting that I focus more on the darker side than the brighter side. It seems that I am very conscious about keeping corruption at bay.

People have no idea how evil I can be deep down. I know about it, and yet I cannot get rid of it. Some days I feel optimistic about the battle, but other days I just want to be the meanest, most selfish, unforgiving person.

All this is pretty dark for a piece titled "love". Maybe for me the meaning of love is to overcome all that. That is what makes love so great. To love without overcoming hatred is no feat, whereas loving despite the hatred is the epitome of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment