Saturday 30 January 2016

Spring Nicht

First find out about introspective.

for the breeze is gentle
and the scent is soft
the spring has only just come
a bud on the heights
the night has only just passed
a sunrise on the horizon
but to miss hope around the corner
give in to gravity over the edge
and fall vacant into the abyss
where the spring is withheld
where the night is eternal
where surrender is the last surrender
so vulnerably
with just a moment of chill
before spring night
the icicles hurt, they did
needles of denial
drips of doubt
the splinters crushed, they did
shards of affection
slivers of endearment
the precious dream marred
from end to end
when it has hardly begun
so why shatter it further
so why cripple it further
to make it true
hold on for dear life
and God forbid
do not jump

The Imagery

breezy twilight on the heights
warm glow in the distance
dark depths
fractured cold ice

The Content

This entry was written in August. It is based on a wordplay between "spring nicht" and "spring night", in which the former actually means "do not jump". Looking back, this piece is more dramatic than I realize.

Maybe you all be worried at this dark theme, but it is my form of optimism. My favourite sections are "but to miss hope around the corner.. where surrender is the last surrender" and "the precious dream marred" onwards. The former tells the consequences, and the latter gives incentive to hold on. "And God forbid, do not jump"!

As you can tell by now, the cold really bothers me. I love getting cozy on a cold night, but without a source of warmth it is just plain depressing. At the time I was writing this I had a mild trauma psychologically conditioned with cold nights; just thinking about cold nights got me anxious. It no longer bothers me anymore but that is a story I would rather leave alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment